In the News
Link to the official news release about this year's Mathematics Awareness Month theme, and see
- "Math Mini Fair to take place at A&M," The Bryan-College Station Eagle, April 17, 2008.
- "Amazing mathematical facts are being revealed," The Warren Reporter, April 14, 2008.
quirky math of voting - Oddities and anomalies are
always possible, Philadelphia Inquirer, April 13, 2008.
- Things to Do: Presentations, Las Crusces Sun-News, April 10, 2008.
- Schools & Youth, Kansas City Star, April 8 , 2008.
- KU Celebrates Math This Month ,Lawrence Journal-World, April 5, 2008.
- UVSC hosting Math Week , Deseret Morning News, March 24, 2008.
- "When Math Warps Elections," by
Sharon Begley. Newsweek, February 4, 2008
can enter YouTube contest," The Tampa Tribune,
January 30, 2008.
- Dave Brooks of the Nashua Telegraph asks "why we shouldn't be allowed
to vote for more than one person--especially this year, with both parties
facing an embarrassment of riches in candidates, instead of just an
embarrassment?" Reprinted with permission from The Nashua Telegraph,
Nashua New Hampshire. All rights reserved.
- Polling Puzzles By EVAN R. GOLDSTEIN
The Chronicle of Higher Education. From the issue dated January 25, 2008
- This link will expire on: January 1, 2009
- First Tuesday of Huh?, by Anna Quindlen Newsweek, December 24, 2007.
- The 'Hot or Not' Solution, by Steven Levy
Newsweek December 17, 2007.
- These websites posted the Mathematics Awareness
Month press release or one of their own:
- The following blogs and discussion groups:
- Websites concerned with education and with reaching parents
and K-12 students: