Related Resources on Math and Voting
Learn more about Mathematics and Voting from Don Saari,
Andrew Gelman, and others
- Statistician's new method will test election outcomes
- What's So Special about Voting? by Sara Robinson. SIAM News. March 13, 2004
- Voting, Social Choice, and Decision Theory
- Andrew Gelman's published papers
- The Mathematics of Voting
- Voting and Elections: Introduction
- The mathematics of voting -
- The perplexing mathematics of presidential elections
- The Math of Voting Methods
- Voting and Social Choice
- Voting and Markov Processes
approval voting, ignorance priors, and plurality heuristics: A behavioral
social choice analysis in a Thurstonian framework, Michel Regenwetter,
- The Unexpected Empirical Consensus Among Consensus Methods,
Michel Regenwetter, et al.
- "The Math Behind the Vote" by Theresa Bradley, Associated Press, February 27, 2008.
- "Spoil-Proofing Elections," by Julie J. Rehmeyer, Science News Online, March 15, 2008.
Learn about different voting systems:
Test your understanding: