- President-Archna Prasad
- Archna is an aspiring physician and scientist who enjoys the scientific research that she conducts at the Stevens Institute of Technology. She is currently working on a project that involves the use of crustacean and mollusk shells to filter heavy metal contaminated water. Last year, her research has won her numerous awards including Third Place in Environmental Science and a $40,000 scholarship to the University of Arizona at the 47th International Science and Engineering Fair. This year, she was a Westinghouse Semifinalist and was awarded First Place in the North Jersey Junior Science and Humanities Symposium. Archna has completed AP Calculus AB and received a perfect score on the College Board exam. She will be taking the AP Calculus BC exam in May 1997.
- Vice President-Souty Shafik
- Souty is a senior at Academic interested in pursuing a career as a pediatrician. As a freshman, she received First Place in the Mathematics League while competing against other freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. It may be no surprise that her favorite subject is math and that she has received the highest average in all of her math classes. After school, she can be found tutoring students through the National Honor Society's Tutoring Program and during the summer, she enjoys volunteering in her church's summer camp for children.
- Secretary-Vandna Prasad
- Vandna is an inquisitive and free-spirited soul whose interests range from Indian dance to international relations. Her goals include helping the medically disadvantaged residing in third world nations around the world. She finds comfort in writing s well as in her lab at the new Jersey Institute of Technology. Her volunteer work in the Pediatrics Ward of the Christ Hospital in Jersey City is an integral part of her week. Vandna has received a 5 in the AP Calculus AB exam and will be taking the BC exam in May 1997.
- Treasurer-Heather Petersen
- Heather is one of Academic's greatest thespians and plans to pursue higher education at Muhlenberg College in Pennsylvania. Last year, she was named a National Merit Scholarship Commended Student. She has participated in such theatrical productions as The Wizard of Oz, Sweeney Todd, Gypsy, Annie, and Bye Bye Berdie. She enjoys her position as Activities Editor for the senior class yearbook, The Academe. Heather has recently taken AP Calculus AB and will be taking the College Board exam in May 1997.
- Co-Founder-Rituparna Das
- Rituparna (Rita) is currently as senior at Academic and hopes to pursue an influential career in the field of pediatrics. Her scientific research at the Stevens Institute of Technology has won her numerous distinctions including second place at the International Science and Engineering Fair and Honorable Mention at the Rutgers Junior Science and Humanities Symposium. She is a National Merit Finalist and a Tandy Tech Scholar. Rita has been accepted into Harvard University, Duke University, as well as Williams & Mary College. She has received a perfect score on the AP Calculus AB exam and will take the BC exam in May 1997.
Mathematics Awareness Month is sponsored each year by the Joint Policy Board for Mathematics to recognize the importance of mathematics through written materials and an accompanying poster that highlight mathematical developments and applications in a particular area.